Sunday, June 29, 2008

Task 2: results, reports, pictures

Task 2 winner: Andreas Olsson, Sweden

A full list of results is on Chabre2009.com.

Task 2 photos: are on Flickr

Results from task two are:

1. Andreas Olsson, Sweden, 1hr 26 mins
2. Attila Bertok, Hungary, 1 hr 20 mins
3. Robin Hamilton, GB, 1 hr 27 mins.

28 pilots made goal in time. Lots more - at least 20 - came in soon after the task was stopped.

Observers might ask why Attila is second instead of first – after all, he got the fastest time round the course. The difference is in the leader points – Andreas got 63, Attila only 27. It’s a crucial difference – as explained by Brian Harris in his interview yesterday.

Oz Report Task 2: "The lift was scary and broken at the bottom, so it took a while for me to get into the core and I got just below the two Jeff's ... A good while after I landed Heather came up and said that the task had been stopped at 6:42 PM. And that the stop time was 6:27 PM. I came across goal at 6:26:02." Oz Report also says: "I figured at least fifty to sixty pilots would be protesting," because the task was stopped. This will make it interesting for the organisers today.

"We get to the first turnpoint, and again the tactical nature of Laragne demands that we go off courseline to stay above the mountains. I've been flying with many other pilots up to this point, and now I'm on my own. I wonder if I've made a poor decision..."

No comments: